There is No Fire Incident at CBN Head Office…
The report reaching #4BN.COM is that the fire incident at Central Bank of Nigeria on Tuesday evening was false…
Passersby who saw smoke from the generator house far away from the building mistook the exhaust for fire smoke.
The CBN maintains a total security system that triggers safety alarms in the presence of smoke and so all fire engines and personnel received the alert only to discover that it was an unusual pall of exhaust.
#4BN.COM reporter told us that the affected generator has been rested and normal work has been uninterrupted, while the engineers are working to rectify the issues with the generator.
We hereby assure the general public that there has been no fire at our building- CBN